Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 10 - Folded Christmas Tree Card and Stampin' Up Paper Bow Tutorial

 
I made this card using the Snow Festival Designer Series paper and layered it onto Whisper White, Gumball Green, and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  The phrase is from the Joyous Celebrations stamp set.  The white background was run through the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder then I tied Gumball Green stitched ribbon around that.  For BLING, I added Silver Glimmer paper "ornaments" and silver and red glimmer stars to the top of the tree.  The base of the tree (Early Espresso cardstock) and the "ornaments" were cut out using the Cupcake builder punch.
 
The tree was made using a semi-circle measuring 5" across and 3" deep.  The semi-circle is more than half of a circle.  If I had used half a circle, the size would have been 5" across and 2-1/2" deep.  For me, the extra depth helped the tree be a little more balanced.  But try it both ways and see what you like better!
 
And.... here's a Stampin' Up tutorial showing how to make a Paper Bow.  You can click over each page below to enlarge it.  So, have a great weekend; I know I'll be getting a bunch of last minute things done!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment