Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Summer 3x3 Note Cards and Tote

Good Monday to everyone!  I hope you all had a great Father's Day weekend and got some grilling done!  I pulled out most of my retiring stuff, but WOW did I find a lot of other stuff I haven't used; cleaning out a room is a challenge!  You know how you buy something and think I'll get to it, but you never do, then you feel guilty about spending the money to buy it, so you keep it even though you're not going to use it?  This was some of my experience this past week.  I've got some stuff I bought from QVC before I became a Stampin' Up Demonstrator that I don't know what to do with.  I've got a lot of Donna Dewberry Paint Kits that are wonderful, but I'm just not going to use.  Anyone have any suggestions???

Anyway, I forgot that I didn't post this cute 3x3 Card Tote.  The new Scallop Squares Duo die (in the Summer Mini Catalog) was used for the front panel of the box and to make the 2 note cards above (3x3 size).  This is really a great die!  The box pattern I used leaves a cool fold pattern at the sides, but if you don't like the crossed/pleated look, you can change up the pattern (see below). 


Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Sweet Summer (SAB set)
Paper: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White
Ink:  Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Basic Black
Accessories: Glimmer Brads, 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds, Blender Pen, Mini Envelops, 1/8" Daffodil Taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals, Crop-o-dile, Sticky Strip, Pear Pizzazz Poly Twill ribbon, Big Shot machine, and Scallops Square Duo Die.

Below is the pattern I used to make the box; I've seen it everywhere, I just changed the measurements to suit my needs.  If you don't like the cross/pleat look on the side of the tote, instead of adding the extra diagonal scores in each corner, you can cut slits on the 2 middle score lines on both sides of the pattern.  The pattern below calls for no cutting, but if you don't like the folds and you cut slits, you'll need to start at the edge of the paper and cut into the box to the 2 1/2" score line on one side and the 6" score line on the other. 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and you can order any of the items to make this project at my ONLINE store here by clicking on Shop Now.  You can order everything, but the stamp set, it was offered only during Sale-a-Bration.  Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to subscribe to your blog? Searched for you after reading Stampin' Success and love your work!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks d for the nice comment! I don't know if you can subscribe to a google blogspot blog. I thought you could do this only with Typepad blogs. So, if you learn otherwise, please let me know and I'll see what I can do! Take care, Maria.

    ReplyDelete