Sunday, April 22, 2012

Packed for Dad Card


I made this card for the son of a friend.  I used the Packed for Dad stamp in the 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog with Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock.  I ran the background Chocolate Chip cardstock through the Big Shot using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder then sponged ink over the polka dots to enhance them. 

I first used this layout on a swap card (I'll post that card later this week) and realized it's a great "go to" layout that works for any occasion!  Since this card was meant for a young man, I kept it clean and simple - I only used Stampin Dimensionals under the Baja Breeze "congratulations" layer when I adhered it to the Chocolate Chip background piece.  I made sure not to use any Dazzling Diamonds glitter either!

Have a great week and thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria Have missed your cards and creations. This is a very cute card for a young man--glad to hear you are finished with taxes--you have been missed. Hope you and your Mom are doing well. Have a nice day. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I really like how this turned out. I wasn't so sure about the "Packed for Everything" when I first saw it, but there are so many creative ideas out there!

    ReplyDelete