Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fabulous Florets Stamp Set Card



I love the Reinker technique and this stamp set is perfect for the job!  This technique works best with outline images like this Fabulous Florets stamp set in the Summer Mini Catalog.  It also works great with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and the Awash with Flowers stamp set.  You MUST use Stampin' Up's Shimmery White paper for this technique to really look good! 

I used Daffodil Delight and Peach Parfait on all the flowers and I added just a bit of Poppy Parade to the small flower I layered on top of the large flower on the right - to make it stand out more.  For me, each of my cards is like a little work of art, and even though I didn't need to add cut out leaves, it added a little to the image, so I just had to take the extra time!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets and Word Play (on sale this month - 30% off!).
Cardstock:  Shimmery White Specialty Paper, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, and Pear Pizzazz.
Ink: Versa Mark, Pear Pizzazz and Basic Black ink pads; Dallodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Poppy Parade ink refills.
Accessories: 1/8" Daffodil taffeta, Scallop Corner punch, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals, and Paper Snips.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting!

1 comment: