Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Matchbox Die Treat Holder



Added 2/11/12:  A couple of people emailed me asking what the inside of the matchbox looks like, so I'm adding this photo showing the back of the box and the wrapped candy.  Thanks for asking!


Happy Friday and welcome to my final Valentine's Day treat holder post; I hope you liked seeing these this week!  Next week I'll have a couple of cards to show you instead.  Today's holder is made using the Stampin Up XL Matchbox die.  It holds 4 Hershey Nuggets perfectly.  I die cut the box wrap using Real Red cardstock and the box was die cut using Basic Grey cardstock.  I decorated the sides and top of the box using Love Impressions Designer Paper (on the Clearance Rack).

To make the rosette on top of the box, I cut a piece of DSP to 1 1/2" x 12" then used Stampin Up's Simply Scored to score it at 1/4" intervals then ran it through the Lace Ribbon Border Punch shown above.  I accordian folded on the score lines and used Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue (which Stampin Up sells) to adhere it to a
2 3/8" Pink Pirouette Scallop Circle base.

I ran the box wrap through the Big Shot using the Finial Press Embossing Folder for some dimension. Then after adhering the box parts using Sticky Strip, I wrapped it with 1/4"  Pink Pirouette Taffeta Ribbon and punched out a couple of hearts from Red Glimmer paper as accents and for BLING!

Thanks for visiting this week; I hope you enjoyed these CUTE and QUICK projects.  I LOVE the Big Shot dies and how much they help me get things done faster and easier!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria, Hope you and your family are doing great. This is another great creation--have enjoyed this week so much--wonderful ideas--and so pretty. Have a great weekend. Thanks for all you share. Rachel

    ReplyDelete