Saturday, August 20, 2011

Altered ATC Purse


I've been wanting to make this purse for a friend for the past couple of years.  Donna loves purses and to thank her for faithfully driving me to Stampin Up's Conventions for the past few years, I wanted to make this for her.  As part of her job, she manages a nonprofit Bingo so I thought she would like something pretty to take with her.  The purse holds 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ATC's in 8 pockets; I used letters in those pockets instead - 5 in front and 3 in back.  I made it so that Donna could change the theme whenever she wants! 

I used Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper called Letters from Santa.  Then I added some Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, and Early Espresso cardstock.  I cut out the letters using the Big Shot Serif Essential Alphabet and the Red Glimmer paper - gotta have some BLING!  I cut the Blushing Bride/White flower using the Big Shot Fun Flowers die and the Little Leaves sizzlit die then ran the some of the petal through the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  I used the Distressed Dots background stamp for the dots on the flower and behind the letters.

Finally, I used the Big Shot Tasteful Trim die for the scallop border edge and the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch for the flowers on the back of the purse between the initals.  To finish out the "fun" factor, I tied different 3/8" Taffeta Ribbons around one handle.  I'm going to show it to Donna and let her decide if she wants more ribbon or flowers.

Don't forget about Stampin' Up!'s August Special; Buy 3 get 1 FREE and my great Frequent Buyer Rewards Program (click here for program details)!  You get a packet of Designer Series Paper for FREE when you buy 3 packets as well as frequent shopper rewards.  So, click here to see the sale flyer and click here to place an order ONLINE with me any time day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment