Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hello Blossoms Card



The summer has been engulfing me lately, so I had to make some flower cards.  On this card, I used the single stamp from the Summer Mini Catalog called Hello Blossoms.  I colored the image with my SU markers in Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight and stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock.  I then took a strip of Old Olive cardstock and made small cuts across it and ruffled up the edges to get the "grass" look. 

I cut the card at 4 1/4" x 11", then scored it in half and cut off 2 1/2" before using the Scallop Edge punch.  I layered the flower image over Rich Razzleberry cardstock then over Old Olive cardstock that I ran through the Polka Dot Embossing Folder (Big Shot machine). I added some bling by using the 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to leave the "hello" expression in the flower centers or cover them; the card looked nice both ways.  But on this card I covered the letters using 1/4" punched circles.  The smaller white centers were punched out using an 1/8" circle punch.

Finally, I layed down some Sticky Strip and scrunched some White 3/8" Taffeta ribbon on it for the pretty card edge.  So, thanks for visiting and you can order any of the products I used to make this card by going to my Demonstrator Website here and clicking on "Shop Now"!  And don't forget about my Frequent Buyer Rewards too!

No comments:

Post a Comment