Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OMG a Stylish Blog Award!

Kath from http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/ was kind enough to send me the Stylish Blogger Award!  Thanks so much Kath; it's nice to know that there are people out there who enjoy my blog!

After receiving this award, I must do the following:
1) Thank the person who gave this award to me and link it back to their blog.
2) Share 8 things about myself.
3) Pass this award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered.
4) Leave a comment on their blogs so that they can pass along the recognition.
5) I need to go on each of my new inspiring stampers sites and have them know that I think they are all winners in our stamping world and then have them pass along an award of recognition to some other lucky stylish bloggers out there!

Again, thanks to Kath for including me in her eight and here are 8 things about myself!
1) I've been stamping for about seven years and I've been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for most of that time.

2) I've got a great husband that lets me stamp all night without bothering me about it; he's wonderfully supportive and patient.
3) I have two jobs; Stampin' Up demonstrator and taking care of my paralyzed mother; some days I don't know which one is harder on my back!
4) Before taking care of my mother, I worked as a Senior Tax Manager at a local  CPA firm working on tax returns and related tax issues.  I don't miss having to keep track of every 5 minutes of my time!
5) I love going to Stampin' Up's annual convention to get great ideas and to get pumped up!
6) I can spend way too much time on the computer looking at other people's blogs!!
7) I love dogs!!  My little Emma is a terrier mix, and she is a terror, but we love her!
8) I love to travel to new places; someday I'd like to go to the Smithsonian and other great museums. 

SO now that you know some "exciting" things about me, here are 8 blogs I'd like to pass this award to and find out 8 exciting things about them!

Mary Fish: http://www.stampinpretty.com/ I want to thank Mary for the wonderful ideas, great tutorials,  and kindness she has shown me and many others!
Maria Pane:  http://stampinandscrappinwithriri.blogspot.com/  I love her talent and zest for all things Stampin' Up!
Nancy Riley: http://www.stampinat6213.blogspot.com/ I love her committment to the weekly iPicks and thanks to her and the picks, my stamping is constantly improving!
Becky Roberts: http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/ I love Becky's ideas and her blog - she's given me wonderful ideas and inspiration!
Mercedes Weber: http://www.mercedesweber.blogspot.com/  I love her tutorials and wonderful ideas!
Vicki B: http://www.itsastampthing-vicki.blogspot.com/ I've learned so much about layout and design just by going to her blog and looking at all her wonderful cards!

NOTE: I'm removing the names of folks that would rather not participate at this time due to concerns/issues with internet search engines or website linking.  I didn't mean to cause any problems.  I still let the ladies I picked know how much I appreciate them and their blogs!

It was difficult to choose who to pass the award along to because there are so many talented stampers that I get great ideas from - I appreciate all Stampin' Up demonstrators who share their joy of stamping with the rest of us challenged folks!  Have a great Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Maria, thank you so very much for the beautiful award! I'm truly honored that you've chosen me as a recipient!

    I spend way too much time looking at other people's blogs too. Imagine how much stamping I'd get done! Oh, but it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete