Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Cute Christmas Stamp Set


I used A Cute Christmas Stamp Set to make this Christmas card.  I didn't like the face of the snowman on the stamp, so I added eyes using black marker and by doing this, I changed the snowman's look.  I was talking to my sideline Lauren Gilmore, about the snowman and she gave me the idea to add eyes.  Take a look at the snowman on page 32 of the Hoiday Mini Catalog (on my sidebar) and you'll understand what I mean.  That's the beauty of "make it your own"!   

Also, I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and use a color I don't nornally use, so when I decided to go for the Candy Cane Designer Series Paper, I knew I had to use Garden Green.  I added glitter to the snowflakes, the snow around the snowman, the background, and the phrase.  Yes, I love glitter!  I also used the Circle Scissor to cut the Real Red cardstock background for the phrase.  I first used the circle cutter on the Aviary Card I made last week, and now that I've used it to cut out these small circles, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. 

Ingredients:
Stamp Set: A Cute Christmas.
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Candy Cane Designer Series Paper.
Ink: Garden Green and Baja Breeze classic ink pads, Black Stazon, and Garden Green, Real Red, and Basic Black markers.
Other: Big Shot Machine, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Two-Way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta, 1" circle punch, Circle Scissors, Blender Pen, and Stampin Dimensionals.

Thanks for looking and let me if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment